Position Title: Entry Level Project Engineer
Osborn Consulting, Inc. (OCI) is one of Washington Best Workplaces and is a full-service civil engineering firm that focuses on water resources, utilities, and environmental services, including engineering, modeling, and analysis for transportation, development, restoration, and mitigation projects. We supply a full range of services to a broad cross section of clients, including government agencies, tribal districts, neighborhood groups, and developers.
We are looking to add a full-time Project Engineer to our team. This position is an excellent career opportunity for the right individual who desires to make an impact in a privately-held, small business. At OCI, we believe our success stems from each and every individual employee.
The successful candidate must be well-organized, thorough, and trustworthy, with excellent verbal and writing skills, and the ability to multi-task. The following are general responsibilities for the position:
– Design of drainage conveyance systems including drainage inlet spacing and pipe capacity analysis.
– Design of and sizing detention and treatment systems, such as swales, ponds, and bioretention areas for roadway and other transportation infrastructure projects.
– Provide quality engineering reports, calculations, figures, design drawings, specifications and cost estimates.
– Complete work within budget and time schedules, ensuring compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and client and OCI standards.
– Provide support to the Project Manager for the coordination and development of all project deliverables, including reports, presentations, databases, etc. and ensuring they meet all project requirements.
– Review work by others to ensure it meets all project requirements.
– Working with field and GIS staff to compile existing conditions.
– Occasionally conduct site visits including construction oversight and inspections.
– Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
– Currently hold EIT certification or Professional Engineers License.
– 0-5 years of experience in design, planning, and implementation of civil design projects.
– Design experience with any of the following: MicroStation, InRoads, AutoCAD Civil3D, MGSFlood, WWHM, GIS, SWMM, HEC-RAS
– Experience developing Engineering Plans, Specifications, and Engineers Estimates.
– An energetic individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
Preferred but not Required:
– Experience designing WSDOT and/or local agency projects.
– Experience designing public works projects including design of sewer and storm drain hydraulics and hydrology and local streets.
– Active participation in industry organizations such as APWA, WTS, ACEC, ASCE, etc.
Company Culture and Values:
– Professionalism – High degree of integrity, reliability, diplomacy, and flexibility.
– Attention to Detail – Thorough and quality-oriented with the ability to develop high quality work products within required deadlines and with limited oversight.
– Personal Responsibility – Self-starter, willing to work independently or interact as part of a team.
– Effective Communication – Clearly conveys information; excellent oral and written communication skills (composition, proofreading, and spelling).
– Analytical Skills – Ability to problem-solve by conducting independent research and follow through to identify and track down missing information; and to critically think through a problem from different vantage points and reach appropriate conclusions.
– Energy and Enthusiasm – Maintains high levels of enthusiasm, activity, and productivity.
OCI offers competitive pay, medical and dental insurance for the employee, 401K plan with company matching, vacation/sick/holiday pay, fully subsidized “Good to Go” pass, and profit sharing. We have conveniently located offices in downtown Bellevue and downtown Seattle. Work Hours are generally Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5PM.
If you are interested in this position, please apply now. Please include in your cover letter a thoughtful explanation of why you think you are a good candidate for this position. Responses without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
No calls, please. We will contact you if we desire to arrange an interview with you. Thank you.