Human Resources and Accounting Assistant
Job Location: Bellevue, WA 98004
Osborn Consulting, Inc. (OCI) is a fast-growing full-service design firm providing civil engineering, landscape architecture, and urban design. From conceptual planning through design plans, specifications, and estimates (PS&E) and construction support, we provide a range of services for all phases of transportation, development, restoration, and mitigation projects. Since 2004, Osborn Consulting has successfully delivered innovative projects for our clients, including local cities, counties, ports, tribal districts, and neighborhood groups, as well as federal government agencies.
About the Role
Our amazing administrative team is looking to add a new position to support our People Operations (Human Resources) and Accounting departments. We are looking to add a full-time Human Resources and Accounting Assistant to our team. This entry-level position is an excellent career opportunity for the right individual who desires to make an impact in a privately held, growing small business. At OCI, our success stems from each and every individual employee. Our new team member will be well-organized, thorough, and trustworthy, with excellent verbal and writing skills, and the ability to multi-task.
HR Coordinator Responsibilities
- Supporting the future development of company HR policies and programs.
- Supporting the internal review process.
- Updating and maintaining our employee handbook.
- Recruiting and staffing logistics.
- Employee orientation, development, and training logistics and record-keeping.
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health reporting.
- Maintaining employee files and the HR filing system.
- Assist with daily accounting activities including accounts receivable, accounts payable, and other related tasks.
- Support the process of payroll.
- Provide assistance to monthly bank reconciliation, depreciation, and record-keeping.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual tax filings, budget preparation and analysis, and providing support as necessary.
- Manage credit card receipt tracking and reconciling, expense report monitoring, and document retention and appropriate filing systems.
- Independently manages office-related projects.
- Prepares first drafts, edits, proofreads, and assembles outgoing correspondence and documents.
- Provides advanced word processing using OCI templates.
- Organizes internal meetings; conference room scheduling and setup/takedown.
- Assists with copying, filing, and binding as requested.
- Conducts research for office needs – insurance plans, leases, rental equipment, delivery options, office equipment, and computer equipment.
- Provides coverage for Office Coordinator as needed, including reception duty coverage for lunches and breaks.
- Associates Degree or at least 2 years administrative.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel.
- Ability to thrive and make an impact in a small office environment: assertive, resourceful and a problem solver.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and project deadlines, multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to understand and translate technical details relevant to the industry.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, or related field.
- Experience using Deltek Ajera (accounting software).
OCI offers competitive pay, medical and dental insurance for the employee, 401K plan with company matching, vacation/sick/holiday pay, gym membership stipend, paid transportation pass, free parking, and profit-sharing.
Our new team member will be someone who aligns with OCI’s core values of Professionalism, Collaboration and Creativity, Health and Well-Being, Laughter and Fun, Relationships, Growth and Learning. Some examples include:
- Taking the initiative to provide the best experience for clients and coworkers.
- Working well in a team environment and contributing to ongoing strategic initiatives.
- Voicing their needs and encouraging others to do the same.
- Participating in in-office social events.
- Connecting with coworkers and clients for work purposes as well as social interaction.
- Developing their career by asking questions, offering suggestions, and building their skill sets with relevant training.