Come join our team as a Civil Engineering Intern! Osborn Consulting, Inc. (OCI) is consistently named one of Washington’s Best Workplaces (2015-2018) by the Puget Sound Business Journal. OCI is a civil engineering firm focused on water resources, utilities, and transportation drainage projects across the Pacific Northwest. We provide engineering, modeling, and analysis for transportation, restoration, and mitigation projects for City, County, State, and Federal agencies.
This position is an excellent career opportunity for the right individual who desires to make an impact in a privately-held, small business. At OCI, we believe our success stems from each and every individual employee.
Our new team member must be well organized, thorough, and trustworthy, with excellent verbal and writing skills, and the ability to multi-task. Following are general responsibilities:
- Assist in preparation and review of technical memoranda, reports, drawings, specifications, and miscellaneous deliverables.
- Provide quality engineering reports, calculations, basic illustrations and design drawings.
- Conduct site visits and field work as needed.
- Support the development of plans, specifications, and engineer estimates.
- Provide support to the Project Manager for the coordination and development of all project deliverables, including reports, presentations, databases, etc. and ensuring they meet all project requirements.
- QA/QC of work by others to ensure completeness and accuracy of team deliverables.
- Working toward your Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Strong communication skills for coordination with team members.
- An energetic individual with high ethical standards.
The internship offers competitive pay and a transportation subsidy.
Our new team member will be someone who aligns with OCI’s core values of Professionalism, Collaboration and Creativity, Health and Well-Being, Laughter and Fun, Relationships, Growth and Learning. Some examples include:
- Taking initiative to provide the best experience for clients and coworkers.
- Working well in a team environment and contributing to ongoing strategic initiatives.
- Voicing their needs and encouraging others to do the same.
- Participating in office social events.
- Connecting with coworkers and clients for work purposes as well as social interaction.
- Developing their career by asking questions, offering suggestions, and building their skill sets with relevant training.
The internship will take place Summer Quarter 2019. The specific dates are flexible; however, we expect a commitment of 12 consecutive weeks.
February 8, 2019: Applications Due
Mid to Late February 2019: Interviews
Selected candidates will be notified by mid-March 2019