Location: Bellevue, Seattle, Spokane WA.
Come join our team as a Landscape Architect and Urban Designer! Osborn Consulting, Inc. (OCI) is a fast-growing full-service design firm providing civil engineering, landscape architecture, and urban design. From conceptual planning through design plans, specifications, and estimates (PS&E) and construction support, we provide a range of services for all phases of transportation, development, restoration, and mitigation projects. Since 2004, OCI has successfully delivered innovative projects for our clients, including local cities, counties, ports, tribal districts, and neighborhood groups, as well as federal government agencies.
This position is an excellent career opportunity for the right individual who desires to make an impact in a privately held, small business. At OCI, we believe our success stems from every individual employee. We help you take control of your career and provide the path of growth opportunities along the way.
About the Role
Our new team member must be well-organized, thorough, and trustworthy, with excellent verbal and writing skills, and the ability to multi-task. In this role, we’ll count on you to:
- Service as the lead to provide expertise for major projects, coordination and development of all project deliverables, including reports, presentations, databases, etc. and ensuring they meet all project requirements.
- Collaboration with architects, planners, engineers, and other disciplines.
- Drive project execution activities to meet revenue and performance goals. Developing project scope and fee quotation and assisting in the preparation of proposals and contracts.
- Leadership on zoning and site plan approvals, public hearings, site programming, and design implementation of master plans.
- Provide quality reports, calculations, basic illustrations and design drawings while implementing the firm’s project delivery standards.
- Lead development of technical aspects of site construction documents, including grading, horizontal control, hardscape, and planting plans.
- Investigates, evaluates, and recommends the design and technical solutions that best meet the projects needs.
- Actively manage solutions for projects, ensuring compliance to applicable codes, accepted clients and OCI standards.
- Interface with clients and lead client development to help our practice.
- Mentor, and training junior staff in career and growth opportunities at OCI.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited Landscape Architecture university.
- 8-15 years of experience with lead development of site design, from concept development through construction documentation.
- Strong planning and design skills on landscape and urban institutionally scaled projects.
- Principles and practices of project design and design development using computer aided design software; AutoCAD, Sketchup, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of state and local stormwater, wastewater, and/or surface water industry rules and regulations.
- Proficient and qualified to review the work of other professionals and perform milestone QA/QC reviews.
- Strong communication skills for coordination with clients and team members
- Active participation in industry organizations.
What We Offer
OCI offers competitive pay, medical and dental insurance for the employee, 401K plan with company matching, vacation/sick/holiday pay, gym membership stipend, cell phone stipend, fully subsidized transportation pass, and profit sharing.
What We Value
Our new team member will be someone who aligns with OCI’s core values of Professionalism, Collaboration and Creativity, Health and Well-Being, Laughter and Fun, Relationships, Growth and Learning.
Our Diversity and Inclusion
OCI is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing the online application, please call 425-451-4009. Please leave a message and a member of our People Operations team will return your call within three business days. Alternatively, an email may be sent to email@example.com. “Applicant Accommodation” should be included in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.
OCI participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program.