Come join our team as a full-time Landscape Architect! Osborn Consulting, Inc. (OCI) is consistently named one of Washington’s Best Workplaces (2015-2018 by the Puget Sound Business Journal). We’re a full-service civil engineering firm focusing on water resources, utilities, and environmental services, including engineering, modeling, and analysis for transportation, development, restoration, and mitigation projects. We supply a full range of services to government agencies, tribal districts, neighborhood groups, and developers.
This position is an excellent career opportunity for the right individual who desires to make an impact in a privately-held, small business. At OCI, we believe our success stems from each and every individual employee.
About the Role
Our new team member must be well-organized, thorough, trustworthy, with excellent communication skills, and the ability to multi-task. This role requires experience in the architectural / engineering / construction industry. The following are general responsibilities for the position:
- Provide the creative landscape for parks, urban spaces, low impact design, stream/wetland restoration and other projects with specifications and cost estimates
- Coordinate the arrangement of existing and proposed land features and structures
- Prepare graphic representations, renderings and/or 3D models of proposed plans using computer-aided design and drafting software (CADD)
- Select appropriate materials for use in landscape designs
- Inspect landscape work to ensure it adheres to the original plan
- Design experience with Asian influence
- Completes special projects as requested
- 3-8 years of experience
- Professional Landscape Architecture license
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture
- Portfolio to be reviewed during screening
- Fluent in Mandarin
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Hand graphic skills
- Experience with a variety of media and graphic programs, Photoshop, InDesign, SketchUp
OCI offers competitive pay, medical and dental insurance for the employee, 401K plan with company matching, vacation/sick/holiday pay, gym membership stipend, travel subsidies, and profit sharing.
Our new team member will be someone who aligns with OCI’s core values of Professionalism, Collaboration and Creativity, Health and Well-Being, Laughter and Fun, Growth and Learning, and Relationships. Some examples include:
- Taking initiative to provide the best experience for clients and coworkers.
- Working well in a team environment and contributing to ongoing strategic initiatives.
- Voicing their needs and encouraging others to do the same.
- Participating in office social events.
- Developing their career by asking questions, offering suggestions, and building their skill sets with relevant training.
- Connecting with coworkers and clients for work purposes as well as social interaction.