Come join our team as a full time Marketing Administrative Assistant! Osborn Consulting, Inc. (OCI) is consistently named one of Washington’s Best Workplaces (2015-2018 by the Puget Sound Business Journal). We’re a full-service civil engineering firm focusing on water resources, utilities, and environmental services. We supply a full range of services to government agencies, tribal districts, neighborhood groups, and developers.
This position is an excellent opportunity for the right individual who desires to make an impact in a privately-held, small business. At OCI, we believe our success stems from each and every individual employee.
About the Role
Our new team member must have an acute attention to detail, be well-organized, thorough, trustworthy, with excellent communication skills, and the ability to multi-task. The following are general responsibilities for the position:
- Design and provide written content for marketing materials including brochures, flyers, digital newsletters, and proposals.
- Develop articles and descriptions of civil engineering projects and achievements.
- Interview and work closely with technical staff to develop project narratives and resumes.
- Develop internal and external company newsletters.
- Produce press releases and company announcements.
- Update and maintain OCI’s web presence and social media outreach. (e.g. OCI’s website, blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Research projects as specified by Marketing Manager.
- Plan internal and external company events.
- Coordinate registrations and attendance at industry educational and networking events.
- Photograph projects and staff.
- Support OCI’s Administrative Team.
- 1-3 years marketing experience (additional coursework or college degree may reduce experience required).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office programs including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Strong writing, communication, and proofreading skills.
- Corporate social media management experience.
- Website management experience.
- Close attention to detail and highly organized.
- Able to thrive and make an impact in a small office environment: assertive, resourceful, and a problem solver.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and project deadlines, multi task, and prioritize.
- Marketing/Communication degree preferred.
- Experience using Adobe products including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Experience marketing small businesses.
- Photography skills or interest.
- Experience/interest in engineering industry and/or the environment.
OCI offers competitive pay, medical and dental insurance for the employee, 401K plan with company matching, vacation/sick/holiday pay, gym membership stipend, travel subsidies, and profit sharing.
Our new team member will be someone who aligns with OCI’s core values of Professionalism, Collaboration and Creativity, Health and Well-Being, Laughter and Fun, Relationships, Growth and Learning. Some examples include:
- Taking initiative to provide the best experience for clients and coworkers.
- Working well in a team environment and contributing to ongoing strategic initiatives.
- Voicing their needs and encouraging others to do the same.
- Participating in office social events.
- Connecting with coworkers and clients for work purposes as well as social interaction.
- Developing their career by asking questions, offering suggestions, and building their skill sets with relevant training.