Position Title: Marketing Intern
Osborn Consulting, Inc. (OCI) is consistently named one of Washington’s Best Workplaces (2015, 2016, and 2017 by the Puget Sound Business Journal). We are a full-service civil engineering firm that focuses on water resources, utilities, and environmental services, including engineering, modeling, and analysis for transportation, development, restoration, and mitigation projects. We supply a full range of services to a broad cross section of clients, including government agencies, tribal districts, neighborhood groups, and developers.
We are looking to add a part-time Marketing Intern to our team (20 hours a week for a three-month period). This position is an excellent internship opportunity for the right individual who desires to make an impact in a privately held small business, grow their own skills, and gain hands-on marketing experience. At OCI, we believe our success stems from each and every individual employee.
The successful candidate must be well organized, thorough, trustworthy, and have excellent verbal and writing skills and the ability to multi-task. Following are general responsibilities for the position:
- Assists in design and production of marketing materials including brochures, flyers, digital newsletters, and proposals, including project descriptions, employee resumes, and cover letters.
- Provides basic graphic design layout skills to assist with internal and external marketing collateral.
- Creates, maintains, and updates OCI’s web presence and social media outreach. This can include, but is not limited to: OCI’s website, blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Digitally converts current marketing collateral library into a more functional and searchable format.
- Research projects as specified by Marketing Manager. This includes weekly browsing and reporting of client websites such as Sound Transit, WSDOT, local cities, and local newspapers.
- Coordinates registrations and attendance at industry educational and networking events.
- Drafting emails, cleaning up folders organization, courier runs, and proof-reading award submittals and other marketing materials.
- Provides photography of projects and staff events.
- 0-1 years office experience (additional coursework or college degree may reduce experience required).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office programs, especially OneNote.
- Understanding of social media.
- Able to thrive and make an impact in a small office environment: assertive, resourceful, and a problem solver.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and project deadlines, multi task, and prioritize.
- Marketing/Communication Majors preferred.
- Experience using Adobe Acrobat and InDesign.
- Photography skills or interest.
- Experience/interest in engineering and/or the environment.
OCI Core Values
|Professionalism||Collaboration and Creativity||Health and Well-Being|
|Laughter and Fun||Relationships||Growth and Learning|
The best candidate for this position will be someone who aligns with OCI’s core values by:
- Taking initiative to provide the best experience for clients and coworkers, whether its double-checking email phrasing or making sure the supply cabinet is fully stocked.
- Working well in a team environment and contributing to ongoing administrative initiatives.
- Voicing their needs and encouraging others to do the same.
- Participating in office social events.
- Connecting with coworkers and clients for work purposes as well as social interaction.
- Developing their career by asking questions, offering suggestions, and building their skill sets with relevant training.
OCI offers competitive pay, medical and dental insurance for the employee, 401K plan with company matching, vacation/sick/holiday pay, and profit sharing. We are conveniently located in downtown Bellevue, six blocks north of the Bellevue Library. Work Hours are generally Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
If you are interested in this position, please apply now. Please include in your cover letter a thoughtful explanation of why you think you are a good candidate for this position. Responses without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
No calls, please. We will contact you if we desire to arrange an interview with you. Thank you.