Position location: Bellevue, Seattle, or Spokane
Come join our team as a full-time MicroStation Technician! Osborn Consulting, Inc. (OCI) is a fast-growing full-service design firm providing civil engineering, landscape architecture, and urban design. From conceptual planning through design plans, specifications, and estimates (PS&E) and construction support, we provide a range of services for all phases of transportation, development, restoration, and mitigation projects. Since 2004, OCI has successfully delivered innovative projects for our clients, including local cities, counties, ports, tribal districts, neighborhood groups, as well as federal government agencies.
This position is an excellent career opportunity for those who desire to make an impact in a privately owned, small business. At OCI, we believe our success stems from every individual employee.
About the Role
Our Transportation Drainage Group is looking for a MicroStation Technician to support our WSDOT projects. Our new team member should be well-organized, thorough, trustworthy, have excellent communication skills. Expertise in Bentley Applications is required and experience with AutoCAD is desirable. The following are general responsibilities for the position:
- High level of competency using MicroStation and InRoads. Ability to develop grading for ponds, swales, and other topographic features that relate to road designs with direction provided from engineers. Build InRoads drainage pipe networks based on engineering requirements.
- Translate mark-ups into drawings, check and plot drawings, correctly label final working drawings, calculate and update project quantities, and update contract drawings.
- Experience working within file-sharing software such as ProjectWise or other.
- Provide mapping, drafting, and design support across all business services including transportation drainage, stormwater management, fish passage and habitat restoration, green stormwater infrastructure (GSI) / low impact development (LID), and utilities.
- Work with project managers and design engineers to ensure timely project completion within allocated budgets. Learn and adhere to required drafting standards and requirements on a project-by-project basis.
- Follow Osborn Consulting and our clients’ Drafting and Design standards, ensuring a consistent and high-quality deliverable.
- Team with project managers and engineers to model our designs while ensuring drawing plans are completed accurately and timely.
- Prepare and participate in the development of Civil Engineering drawings during the planning, permitting, design, and construction phases.
- 5+ years drafting/design experience using MicroStation Inroads
- State DOT experience
- Ability to thrive and make an impact in a small office environment: assertive, resourceful and a problem solver
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and project deadlines, multitask and prioritize
- Ability to understand and translate technical details relevant to our industry
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience with WSDOT guidelines / procedures / plan preparation
- Knowledge of GIS terminology and experience with ESRI ArcMAP
- Experience with ProjectWise
What We Offer
OCI offers competitive pay, medical and dental insurance for the employee, 401K plan with company matching, vacation/sick/holiday pay, gym membership stipend, cell phone stipend, fully subsidized transportation pass, and profit sharing.
What We Value
Our new team member will be someone who aligns with OCI’s core values of Professionalism, Collaboration and Creativity, Health and Well-Being, Laughter and Fun, Relationships, Growth and Learning.
Diversity and Inclusion
Osborn Consulting, Inc. (OCI) is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing the online application, please call 425-451-4009. Please leave a message and a member of our People Operations team will return your call within three business days. Alternatively, an email may be sent to email@example.com. “Applicant Accommodation” should be included in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.
OCI participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program.