Come join our team as a full-time Mid to Senior Level Civil Technician! Osborn Consulting, Inc. (OCI) is consistently named one of Washington’s Best Workplaces (2015-2018 by the Puget Sound Business Journal). We’re a full-service civil engineering firm focusing on water resources, utilities, and environmental services, including engineering, modeling, and analysis for transportation, development, restoration, and mitigation projects. We supply a full range of services to government agencies, tribal districts, neighborhood groups, and developers.
This position is an excellent career opportunity for the right individual who desires to make an impact in a privately-held, small business. At OCI, we believe our success stems from each and every individual employee.
Our Civil Technical team provides drafting and design support across all business services including transportation drainage, stormwater management, fish passage and habitat restoration, green stormwater infrastructure (GSI) / low impact development (LID), and utilities.
About the Role
Our new team member should be well-organized, thorough, trustworthy, with excellent communication skills, and the ability to multi-task. Expertise in AutoCAD Civil 3D is required and experience with Bentley Applications is highly desirable. Following are general responsibilities for the position:
- Follow Osborn Consulting and our clients Drafting and Design standards, ensuring a consistent and high quality deliverable.
- Team with project managers and engineers to model our designs while ensuring drawing plans are completed accurately and timely.
- Prepare and participate in the development of Civil Engineering drawings during the planning, permitting, design, and construction phases.
- Mentor staff with lesser experience whenever opportunity arises.
- Help develop and provide in-house training programs on appropriate CADD related topics.
- Help create and implement new streamlined workflows while maximizing the capabilities of current and new technologies of the Civil software we use.
- Provide recommendations to Management for hardware/software purchases as needs arise.
- QA/QC internal CADD design and drafting performed by our staff when required.
- 5-10 years drafting/design experience in civil engineering field (additional coursework or college degree may reduce experience required).
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D is required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to thrive and make an impact in a small office environment: assertive, resourceful and a problem solver.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and project deadlines, multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to understand and translate technical details relevant to our industry.
OCI offers competitive pay, medical and dental insurance for the employee, 401K plan with company matching, vacation/sick/holiday pay, gym membership stipend, cell phone stipend, fully subsidized “Good to Go” pass, and profit sharing.
Our new team member will be someone who aligns with OCI’s core values of Professionalism, Collaboration and Creativity, Health and Well-Being, Laughter and Fun, Relationships, Growth and Learning. Some examples include:
- Taking initiative to provide the best experience for clients and coworkers.
- Working well in a team environment and contributing to ongoing strategic initiatives.
- Voicing their needs and encouraging others to do the same.
- Participating in office social events.
- Connecting with coworkers and clients for work purposes as well as social interaction.
- Developing their career by asking questions, offering suggestions, and building their skill sets with relevant training.