Come join our team as a full-time Office Assistant! Osborn Consulting, Inc. (OCI) is consistently named one of Washington’s Best Workplaces (2015-2018 by the Puget Sound Business Journal). We’re a full-service civil engineering firm focusing on water resources, utilities, and environmental services; including engineering, modeling, and analysis for transportation, development, restoration, and mitigation projects. We supply a full range of services to government agencies, tribal districts, neighborhood groups, and developers.
This position is an excellent career opportunity for the right individual who desires to make an impact in a privately-held, small business. At OCI, we believe our success stems from each and every individual employee.
About the Role
Our new team member must be well-organized, thorough and trustworthy, with excellent verbal and written skills, and the ability to multi-task. Following are general responsibilities for the position:
- Answer, screen, and route incoming calls and e-mails. Act as a gatekeeper as appropriate.
- Retrieve daily voicemails, screen the same and forward as appropriate.
- Greet all office visitors escorting them to the conference room and announcing their arrival to the appropriate firm members.
- Order and distribute all office supplies.
- Prepare meetings for setup and takedown.
- Plan office events and meetings.
- Process outgoing mail and packages to include special delivery services as needed.
- Unload dishwashers in the morning.
- Start both dishwashers at the end of each day.
- Keep the kitchen area clean, orderly and stocked.
- Handle other tasks and projects assigned by staff.
- 1-3 years administrative (additional coursework or college degree may reduce experience required).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to thrive and make an impact in a small office environment: assertive, resourceful and a problem solver.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and project deadlines, multi task, and prioritize.
- Ability to work a consistent schedule Monday through Friday 8AM to 5PM.
OCI offers competitive pay, medical and dental insurance for the employee, 401K plan with company matching, paid time off, gym membership stipend, and profit sharing.
Our new team member will be someone who aligns with OCI’s core values of Professionalism, Collaboration and Creativity, Health and Well-Being, Laughter and Fun, Growth and Learning, and Relationships. Some examples include:
- Taking initiative to provide the best experience for clients and coworkers.
- Working well in a team environment and contributing to ongoing strategic initiatives.
- Voicing their needs and encouraging others to do the same.
- Participating in office social events.
- Connecting with coworkers and clients for work purposes as well as social interaction.
- Developing their career by asking questions, offering suggestions, and building their skill sets with relevant training.