Come join our team as a full-time Senior CADD Technician! Osborn Consulting, Inc. (OCI) is consistently named one of Washington’s Best Workplaces (2015, 2016, and 2017 by the Puget Sound Business Journal). We’re a full-service civil engineering firm focusing on water resources, utilities, and environmental services, including engineering, modeling, and analysis for transportation, development, restoration, and mitigation projects. We supply a full range of services to government agencies, tribal districts, neighborhood groups, and developers.
This position is an excellent career opportunity for the right individual who desires to make an impact in a privately-held, small business. At OCI, we believe our success stems from each and every individual employee.
Our CADD team provides mapping, drafting, and design support across all business services including transportation drainage, stormwater management, fish passage and habitat restoration, green stormwater infrastructure (GSI) / low impact development (LID), and utilities.
About the Role
Our new team member must be well-organized, thorough, trustworthy, with excellent communication skills, and the ability to multi-task. Expertise in AutoCAD Civil 3D is required and experience with Bentley Applications is highly desirable. Following are general responsibilities for the position:
- Set and maintain OCI’s CADD standards and ensure the standards are used on all projects.
- Work closely with project managers, and engineers obtaining project information to ensure drawings are accurate and completed on time and ensure timely project completion within allocated budgets.
- Prepare Civil Engineering drawings during the planning, permitting, design, and construction phases.
- Mentor staff with lesser experience wherever applicable.
- Develop and provide in-house training programs on appropriate CADD issues.
- Create and implement new streamlined work processes by maximizing the use of software automation in both drafting and design by developing and maintain drafting guidelines.
- Provide recommendations to Management for hardware/software purchases.
- QA/QC of CADD work performed by staff when asked.
- 5-10 years drafting/design experience in civil engineering field (additional coursework or college degree may reduce experience required).
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D is required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to thrive and make an impact in a small office environment: assertive, resourceful and a problem solver.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and project deadlines, multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to understand and translate technical details relevant to industry.
- Leadership and management experience
- Experience with WSDOT guidelines / procedures / plan preparation
- Experience with SPU/SDOT guidelines / procedures / plan preparation
- Knowledge of GIS terminology and experience with ESRI ArcMAP
- Experience using Bentley Applications
OCI offers competitive pay, medical and dental insurance for the employee, 401K plan with company matching, vacation/sick/holiday pay, gym membership stipend, cell phone stipend, fully subsidized “Good to Go” pass, and profit sharing.
Our new team member will be someone who aligns with OCI’s core values of Professionalism, Collaboration and Creativity, Health and Well-Being, Laughter and Fun, Relationships, Growth and Learning. Some examples include:
- Taking initiative to provide the best experience for clients and coworkers.
- Working well in a team environment and contributing to ongoing strategic initiatives.
- Voicing their needs and encouraging others to do the same.
- Participating in office social events.
- Connecting with coworkers and clients for work purposes as well as social interaction.
- Developing their career by asking questions, offering suggestions, and building their skill sets with relevant training.