Come join our team as a full-time Senior Civil Engineer! Osborn Consulting, Inc. (OCI) is consistently named one of Washington’s Best Workplaces (2015, 2016, and 2017 by the Puget Sound Business Journal). We’re a full-service civil engineering firm focusing on water resources, utilities, and environmental services, including engineering, modeling, and analysis for transportation, development, restoration, and mitigation projects. We supply a full range of services to government agencies, tribal districts, neighborhood groups, and developers.
This position is an excellent career opportunity for the right individual who desires to make an impact in a privately-held, small business. At OCI, we believe our success stems from each and every individual employee.
Our new team member must be well-organized, thorough, and trustworthy, with excellent verbal and writing skills, and the ability to multi-task. The following are general responsibilities:
- Develop, update, calibrate, and apply hydrologic and hydraulic models (SWMM, HSPF, MGSFlood)
- Lead and provide design expertise to projects related to water resources, utilities, and general civil design.
- Drive project execution activities to meet revenue and performance goals.
- Prepare and review technical memoranda, reports, drawings, specifications, and miscellaneous contract documents and deliverables.
- Provide design solutions for projects within budget and time schedules, ensuring compliance with applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and client and OCI standards.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of others on projects to ensure proper and timely execution.
- Mentoring, training, and providing guidance to less experienced staff.
- Interface with the client Project Managers to ensure expectations are identified and carried out.
- QA/QC of work by others to ensure completeness and accuracy of team deliverables.
- Conduct site visits including construction oversight and inspections.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field required.
- Hold a Washington P.E. registration or be able to obtain within six months
- 8+ years of relevant technical design experience design, planning, and implementation of civil design projects with project management experience preferred.
- Strong experience applying hydrologic and hydraulic computer models.
- Principles and practices of project design and design development through the use of computer-aided design software; AutoCAD Civil3D, MGSFlood, WWHM, MicroStation, INRoads, SWMM, HEC-RAS, etc.
- Experience designing Washington state Municipal public works projects including design of sewer and storm drain hydraulics and hydrology and other public works facilities and infrastructure projects.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of state and local transportation, stormwater, wastewater, and/or surface water industry rules and regulations.
- Experience designing Low Impact Development (LID) or Green Stormwater Infrastructure is desirable.
- Principles and practices of project design and design development through the use of computer aided design software; AutoCAD Civil3D, MGSFlood, WWHM, MicroStation, INRoads, SWMM, HEC-RAS, etc.
- PS&E development experience.
OCI offers competitive pay, medical and dental insurance for the employee, 401K plan with company matching, vacation/sick/holiday pay, fully subsidized “Good to Go” pass, and profit sharing.
Our new team member will be someone who aligns with OCI’s core values of Professionalism, Collaboration and Creativity, Health and Well-Being, Laughter and Fun, Relationships, Growth and Learning. Some examples include:
- Taking initiative to provide the best experience for clients and coworkers.
- Working well in a team environment and contributing to ongoing strategic initiatives.
- Voicing their needs and encouraging others to do the same.
- Participating in office social events.
- Connecting with coworkers and clients for work purposes as well as social interaction.
- Developing their career by asking questions, offering suggestions, and building their skill sets with relevant training.