Location: Bellevue, Seattle, or Spokane WA.
Come join our team as a Senior Design Engineer! Osborn Consulting, Inc. (OCI) is a fast-growing full-service design firm providing civil engineering, landscape architecture, and urban design. From conceptual planning through design plans, specifications, and estimates (PS&E) and construction support, we provide a range of services for all phases of transportation, development, restoration, and mitigation projects. Since 2004, OCI has successfully delivered innovative projects for our clients, including local cities, counties, ports, tribal districts, neighborhood groups, as well as federal government agencies.
This position is an excellent career opportunity for the right individual who desires to make an impact in a privately owned, small business. At OCI, we believe our success stems from every individual employee. We help you take control of your career and provide the path of growth opportunities along the way.
Our new team member must be well-organized, thorough, and trustworthy, with excellent verbal and writing skills. In this role, we’ll count on you to:
- Lead and provide senior-level design expertise for major projects, coordination and development of project deliverables, including reports, presentations, databases, etc. and ensuring they meet project requirements.
- QA/QC of work by others to ensure completeness and accuracy of team deliverables.
- Drive project execution activities to meet revenue and performance goals.
- Prepare and review technical memoranda, reports, drawings, specifications, and miscellaneous contract documents and deliverables.
- Provide quality engineering reports, calculations, basic illustrations and design drawings.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of others on projects to ensure proper and timely execution.
- Provide design solutions for projects, ensuring compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and client and OCI standards.
- Develop plans, specifications, and engineer estimates.
- Interface with clients and lead client development to help our practice.
- Mentor and train junior staff in career and growth opportunities at OCI.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in Civil Engineering or related field required.
- Hold a Washington PE registration or be able to obtain within six months.
- 15+ years of experience in design, planning, and implementation of civil design projects with project management experience.
- Proficient and qualified to review the work of other professionals and perform milestone QA/QC reviews.
- Strong experience designing Washington state municipal public works projects including design of sewer and storm drain hydraulics and hydrology and other public works facilities and infrastructure projects. Preference for WSDOT experience.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of state and local stormwater, wastewater, and/or surface water industry rules and regulations.
- Experience working in large multidisciplinary design teams and performing interdisciplinary plan reviews and coordination.
- PS&E Development.
- Strong communication skills for coordination with clients and team members
- An energetic individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Active participation in industry organizations such as APWA, WTS, ACEC, ASCE, etc.
What We Offer
OCI offers competitive pay, medical and dental insurance for the employee, 401K plan with company matching, vacation/sick/holiday pay, health and fitness stipend, cell phone stipend, fully subsidized transportation pass, and profit sharing.
What We Value
Our new team member will be someone who aligns with OCI’s core values of Professionalism, Collaboration and Creativity, Health and Well-Being, Laughter and Fun, Relationships, Growth and Learning.
Our Diversity and Inclusion
OCI is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing the online application, please call 425-451-4009. Please leave a message and a member of our People Operations team will return your call within three business days. Alternatively, an email may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. “Applicant Accommodation” should be included in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.
OCI participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program.