Come join our roadway drainage design team as a full-time Transportation Drainage Engineer (2+ Years Experience)! Osborn Consulting, Inc. (OCI) is consistently named one of Washington’s Best Workplaces (2015-2018 by the Puget Sound Business Journal). We’re a full-service civil engineering firm focusing on water resources, utilities, and environmental services, including engineering, modeling, and analysis for transportation, development, restoration, and mitigation projects. We supply a full range of services to government agencies, tribal districts, neighborhood groups, and developers.
This position is an excellent career opportunity for the right individual who desires to make an impact in a privately-held, small business. At OCI, we believe our success stems from each and every individual employee.
Our new team member must be well-organized, thorough, and trustworthy, with excellent verbal and writing skills, and the ability to multi-task. The following are general responsibilities:
- Design of drainage conveyance systems including drainage inlet spacing and pipe capacity analysis.
- Design of and sizing detention and treatment systems, such as swales, ponds, and bioretention areas for roadway and other transportation infrastructure projects.
- Provide quality engineering reports, calculations, figures, design drawings, specifications and cost estimates.
- Complete work within budget and time schedules, ensuring compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and client and OCI standards.
- Provide Deputy Project Management support and task management on projects.
- Review work by others to ensure it meets all project requirements.
- Working with field and GIS staff to compile existing conditions.
- Occasionally conduct site visits including construction oversight and inspections.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Currently hold EIT or PE certification.
- 3-5 years of experience in design, planning, and implementation of civil design projects.
- Design experience with any of the following: InRoads, AutoCAD Civil3D, MGSFlood, WWHM, GIS.
- Experience developing Engineering Plans, Specifications, and Engineers Estimates.
- An energetic individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Principles and practices of project design and design development through the use of computer aided design software; AutoCAD Civil3D, MGSFlood, WWHM, MicroStation, INRoads, SWMM, HEC-RAS, etc.
Preferred but not Required:
- Experience designing WSDOT, Sound Transit, and/or local agency projects.
- Experience designing public works projects including design of streets, highways, bridges, sewer and storm drain hydraulics and hydrology, and other public works facilities and infrastructure projects.
- Principles and practices of project design and design development through the use of computer aided design software; AutoCAD Civil3D, MGSFlood, WWHM, MicroStation, INRoads, SWMM, etc.
- Design experience with any of the following: MicroStation
- PS&E Development.
- Active participation in industry organizations such as APWA, WTS, ACEC, ASCE, etc.
OCI offers competitive pay, medical and dental insurance for the employee, 401K plan with company matching, vacation/sick/holiday pay, fully subsidized “Good to Go” pass, and profit sharing.
Our new team member will be someone who aligns with OCI’s core values of Professionalism, Collaboration and Creativity, Health and Well-Being, Laughter and Fun, Relationships, Growth and Learning. Some examples include:
- Taking initiative to provide the best experience for clients and coworkers.
- Working well in a team environment and contributing to ongoing strategic initiatives.
- Voicing their needs and encouraging others to do the same.
- Participating in office social events.
- Connecting with coworkers and clients for work purposes as well as social interaction.
- Developing their career by asking questions, offering suggestions, and building their skill sets with relevant training.