Water Resources Engineering Internship
Come join our team as a Water Resources Engineering Intern! Osborn Consulting, Inc. (OCI) is a fast-growing full-service design firm providing civil engineering, landscape architecture, and urban design. From conceptual planning through design plans, specifications, and estimates (PS&E) and construction support, we provide a range of services for all phases of transportation, development, restoration, and mitigation projects. Since 2004, Osborn Consulting has successfully delivered innovative projects for our clients, including local cities, counties, ports, tribal districts, and neighborhood groups, as well as federal government agencies.
This position is an excellent internship opportunity for the right individual who desires to make an impact in a privately held small business. At OCI, we know our success stems from each individual employee.
This internship will be based out of our recently opened downtown Spokane office. You should be organized, thorough, and trustworthy, with excellent verbal and writing skills, and the ability to multi-task. You will receive guidance and mentorship from a licensed engineer and work closely with a small team. Typical work will be focused in the areas of stormwater and water resources and will include:
- Field work, data collection, and documentation for stormwater research projects.
- Preparation of figures, plan sheets, and drawings with AutoCAD and GIS software.
- Data processing with GIS.
- Engineering design calculations.
- Creation of hydrologic and hydraulic models.
- Drafting content for reports and technical memos.
- Helping deliver quality projects to our clients.
- Working toward your bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Junior or Senior level students preferred.
- Strong communication skills for coordination with team members.
- An energetic individual with high ethical standards.
The internship offers competitive pay and will help develop skills to enhance your resume.
Our new team member will be someone who aligns with OCI’s core values of Professionalism, Collaboration and Creativity, Health and Well-Being, Laughter and Fun, Relationships, Growth and Learning. Some examples include:
- Taking initiative to provide the best experience for clients and coworkers.
- Working well in a team environment.
- Voicing their needs and encouraging others to do the same.
- Participating in office social events.
- Connecting with coworkers and clients for work purposes as well as social interaction.
- Developing their career by asking questions, offering suggestions, and building their skill sets with relevant training.
This is a part time internship with an average of 10 hours a week during the school year. The internship will begin in mid-November and continue through Spring Semester with the option to continue through the summer.
October 18, 2019: Applications Due
Late October/early November 2019: Interviews
Selected candidate will be notified by mid-November 2019