Location: Bellevue, Seattle, or Spokane WA.
Come join our team as a Water Resources Project Manager focused on Stream, Habitat, and fish passage design and construction!Osborn Consulting, Inc. (OCI) is a fast-growing full-service design firm providing civil engineering, landscape architecture, and urban design. From conceptual planning through design plans, specifications, and estimates (PS&E) and construction support, we provide a range of services for all phases of transportation, development, restoration, and mitigation projects. Since 2004, OCI has successfully delivered innovative projects for our clients, including local cities, counties, ports, tribal districts, neighborhood groups, as well as federal government agencies.
This position is an excellent career opportunity for the right individual who desires to make an impact in a privately owned, small business. At OCI, we believe our success stems from every individual employee. We help you take control of your career and provide the path of growth opportunities along the way.
About the Role
Our new team member must be well-organized, thorough, and trustworthy, with excellent verbal and writing skills. In this role, we’ll count on you to:
- Service as the lead to provide expertise for major projects, coordination and development of project deliverables, including reports, presentations, databases, etc. and ensuring they meet project requirements.
- Perform civil engineering design with a focus on fisheries related infrastructure applications, including culverts fish ladders, stream restoration, and other related water resource facilities.
- Drive project execution activities to meet revenue and performance goals. Developing project scope, fee estimates and assisting in the preparation of proposals and contracts.
- Prepare and review technical memoranda, reports, drawings, specifications, and miscellaneous contract documents and deliverables.
- Provide quality engineering reports, calculations, basic illustrations and design drawings while implementing the firm’s project delivery standards.
- Coordinate work efforts of project team. Supervise and coordinate the work of others on projects to ensure proper and timely execution.
- Actively manage solutions for projects, ensuring compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, clients and OCI standards.
- Develop project plans, specifications, and engineer estimates.
- Support development of permit documents to meet federal, state, and final design phases.
- Coordinate upland and bathymetric surveying and geotechnical investigations.
- Coordinate QC of work to ensure completeness and accuracy of team deliverables.
- Interface with clients and lead client development to help our practice.
- Mentor and training junior staff in career and growth opportunities at OCI.
- Bachelor of Science of in Civil Engineering or other directly related field.
- Hold a Washington PE registration or be able to obtain within six months.
- Previous consulting experience required.
- 10-15 years of experience with related environmental experience, including but not limited to:
- Recent experience completing fish passage and stream restoration projects in the last year, and at least four successful fish passage projects in Washington in the last five years.
- Design experience with fish passable structures, culvert design, stream grading, natural habitat features, stream or river embankment stabilization.
- Floodplain analysis, zero rise analysis, scour analysis, and backwater analysis.
- Strong experience with 1D and 2D hydraulic modeling for stream channels and geomorphology
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of state and local stormwater, wastewater, and/or surface water industry rules and regulations. Experience with WSDOT projects preferred.
- Proficient using the WDFW Stream Simulation and Bridge Design Methodologies, including stream restoration components.
- Proficient and qualified to review the work of other professionals and perform milestone QA/QC reviews.
- Strong communication skills for coordination with clients and team members.
- Active participation in industry organizations such as AWRA, APWA, ACEC, ASCE, WTS, etc.
What We Offer
OCI offers competitive pay, medical and dental insurance for the employee, 401K plan with company matching, vacation/sick/holiday pay, health and fitness stipend, cell phone stipend, fully subsidized transportation pass, and profit sharing.
What We Value
Our new team member will be someone who aligns with OCI’s core values of Professionalism, Collaboration and Creativity, Health and Well-Being, Laughter and Fun, Relationships, Growth and Learning.
Our Diversity and Inclusion
OCI is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing the online application, please call 425-451-4009. Please leave a message and a member of our People Operations team will return your call within three business days. Alternatively, an email may be sent to email@example.com. “Applicant Accommodation” should be included in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.
OCI participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program.